1. The #PLUMPITFORWARD contest is sponsored by Kiehl’s since 1851 a division of L’Oréal Canada Inc. The contest is open in all of Canada and starts on August 15, 2014 at 10:00 AM and closes on August 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM (ET).
2. The Contest provides entrants with the opportunity to create an image or text using the #PlumpItForward (hereinafter “User Generate Content” or “UGC presenting #PlumpItForward) and to submit the UGC on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. The Sponsor of the Contest is Kiehl’s since 1851. By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects, and to be contacted by Sponsor via email or telephone.
3. The contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence. Employees, representatives and agents of Contest Sponsor, its respective advertising and promotional agencies, affiliated and related companies, and members of the immediate family (parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they live) and household of such employees are not eligible.
How to Enter
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
5. You may enter the contest by one of the following options:
6. Share message via the Facebook or Twitter buttons found in the sampling application at Facebook.com/KiehlsCanada and use #PlumpItForward in the text.
7. Take a picture using Twitter or Instagram in line with the theme of hydration and publish it to the platform in question including #PlumpItForward #KiehlsCanada in the caption.
8. NO LIMIT OF ENTRY BY PERSON BY ADDRESS OR BY E MAIL.
9. UGC can be in English or French;
10. By entering, all Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
11. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ENTRY COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE SPONSOR WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR ENTRY AND THE SPONSOR SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THE RULES.
12. UGC must NOT contain material which is (or promoting activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; any off-label use, or material that contains any derogatory references to any Contest Entities; or any third parties;
13. UGC must not contain any inappropriate (in the sole discretion of Sponsor) clothing or adornment;
14. UGC must not contain any references to or depictions of use of the product other than as specifically set forth on the product packaging.
15. UGC must not contain the last name, phone number(s), address, or email address of any person, including the entrant.
16. UGC must not contain or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “commercial pitch,” promotional materials, junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
17. UGC must not contain or transmit any materials that contain software viruses or other computer code, files or programs designed to impair, limit, interfere with or cause harm to any communications network operated by any of the Contest Entities or the computers of any individual or entity participating in or otherwise associated with the Contest;
18. UGC and lyrics must be entirely original to the entrant and must NOT include mention of any famous or notable entity or person(s) whether living or deceased or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music (other than the Tracks provided on the Website by Sponsor (the “Sponsor Materials”), films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property;
19. UGC must NOT have been previously submitted to another contest, broadcast on a media network or submitted to any entertainment entity that would conflict with this Contest, as determined in the Contest Entities’ sole discretion;
20. UGC must NOT include third party names, brand names, trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculpture, except for those belonging to Sponsor.
21. There are 5 each consisting of a full-size Hydro-plumping Re-texturizing Serum Concentrate, worth approximately $58.00
Selection of Winners
22. At approximately 4 p.m. (ET) on or about August 27, 2014 in Montreal, the winners will be chosen at random.
23. In order to be declared a winner and be able to claim their invitation to the event, each person with an authentic and active Facebook account will have to:
24. be reached by Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram message & respond within 48H of the draw
25. correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time limited mathematical skill testing question to be administered by phone or email;
26. fill out and sign a Declaration & Release Form and return it to Contest Sponsor, to the specified address, within five (5) days following receipt of the document
27. In the event that any one of the conditions mentioned herein is not respected, the selected participant’s entry will be void and a new draw will be conducted following the official contest rules until a new winner is selected.
28. Upon reception of the Declaration & Release Form duly filled and signed by chosen participant, Contest Sponsor will either directly send the prize to the address provided on form or, Contest Sponsor will mail instructions to chosen participant with instructions on how to claim prize. In the case of a direct delivery to winner’s address, a 6 to 8 week delay following reception of the Declaration & Release Form applies.
General Terms and Conditions
29. All information provided by participant must be complete and accurate. Contest Sponsor will not be held responsible for any and all telephone problems, unclear voice mail messages, and a late / incomplete / erroneously sent prize claim. For any and all incomplete, distorted, late and reproduced entry ballot, which will be annulled and will void eligibility for prize claim.
30. Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual from the Contest and to ban the individual from any future contest of the Contest Sponsor that it finds or believes to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
31. If it is discovered that attempts were made by a registered entrant (or any individual purporting to be a registered entrant) to: (i) enter more than once per registered entrant per day during the contest period. (ii) use any automated, script, macro or robotic program(s) to enter or (iii) engage in systematic entering in the same day from the same computer/IP address (including but not limited to the creation of false Facebook accounts); then it may result in the disqualification, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, even if the entrant was declared a winner.
32. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
33. Prize must be accepted as awarded. NO SUBSTITUTION OF PRIZES IS PERMITTED EXCEPT BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUBSTITUTE ANY PRIZE WITH ANOTHER PRIZE OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE, IF A PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED AS DESCRIBED FOR ANY REASON. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND ARE NOT REDEEMABLE FOR CASH OR CREDIT, IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
34. By submitting your Entry you agree to: a) grant the Sponsor a free, perpetual, non-exclusive right to use the Entry and all information pertaining thereto including your name, email address, the Photos and Videos without restriction, including, without limitation, the right to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the Entry, in whole or in part for advertising, promotional or any other purposes, in any media and territory whatsoever; and b) waive all moral rights in and to your Photos and Videos in favour of Sponsor; and c) release and hold harmless the Sponsor and their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action related to the photographs.
35. Entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Contest Sponsor, which are final in all matters pertaining to the Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable laws. By entering, participants release and hold harmless Contest Sponsor, its affiliated and related companies and advertising, promotion agencies and all of its respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, successors and assigns from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or any prize won. Winners will be required to sign and return, within the time period indicated on the documents, a Declaration of Compliance with Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release and/or any other document.
36. By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby grants permission for the Entry to be posted on http://www.facebook.com/KiehlsCanada or other websites. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry. Entrants agree that they will not use the Entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the Entry to any online social networks, without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance.
37. By entering, you consent to Contest Sponsor’s use, should you become a winner, of your name, place of residence and photograph or other likeness, and your testimony without further compensation or notice, for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) in connection with the products, this Contest, or future similar contests. By entering, you declare that you have complied with the Contest Rules.
38. All entries become the property of Event Sponsor and will not be returned to entrants. If a selected entrant’s entry is an Internet entry, the selected entrant may be required to provide Event Sponsor with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry.
39. For the purpose of the present event, the participant is considered to be the person whose coordinates appear on the e entry form or ballot. It is this person whom will be asked to answer the mathematical skill-testing question. It is also the person to whom the prize will be awarded if all contest conditions are met. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to request a piece of i.d. prior to prize remittance.
40. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are not the official sponsor of the Contest.
41. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter have no responsibility or liability regarding the Contest.
43. Facebook is not responsible for any aspect of the present Contest.
Limitations of Liability
44. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used as stated in the Contest Rules. Facebook is completely released of all liability by each Entrant (and, if the entrant is at least 18 but under the age of majority in his/her province/state/territory of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) for this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Sponsor or the Contest Administrator.
45. Without limiting the release above, and for greater certainty, the Contest Sponsor not be liable for: a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest Website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest; b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation of the contest website or any transmission in connection with the Contest; c) any communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; d) any problems with, or technical malfunction of, any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of e-mail which may occur for any reason whatsoever, including technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; or e) any injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this Contest, Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in respect of residents of Quebec.
46. By participating or attempting to participate in the present contest, all individuals release the Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, its employees, agents and representatives from any damage that could be incurred due to their participation or attempted participation in the contest.
47. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purposes of helping the parties reach a settlement
48. The masculine gender is used in no discriminatory fashion, simply to facilitate composition.