True to our founding family’s mission, we strive to improve the quality of the communities we serve by reducing our environmental impact, formulating responsibly, and supporting charitable causes. Better is where we began in 1851 but better has no end.
We source some of nature’s most efficacious ingredients to help create formulas that are effective yet suitable for all types of skin. Many of our products are formulated to include naturally derived* ingredients.
* We consider an ingredient to be naturally derived if it remains unchanged from its natural state or has undergone processing, yet still retains more than 50% of its molecular structure from its original natural source.
We work hand in hand with farmers and producers to source our ingredients in a way that’s beneficial to their communities and the planet.
• Today, 36% of our formulas contain at least one sustainably sourced raw material.
• We are committed to including at least one sustainably sourced raw material in at least 50% of our formulas.
• By 2025, our ambition is for 100% of our formulas to contain at least one sustainably sourced ingredient.
RESPONSIBLE PACKAGING & MANUFACTURING
We design our packaging to help avoid waste in addition to using post-consumer recycled materials whenever possible. We are committed to reducing C02 emissions, water consumption and waste generation at our manufacturing plant in the U.S.
• Today,our manufacturing plant uses 100% reusable energy.
• We are committed to reducing:
- CO2 emissions by 82%
- Water consumption by 37%
- Waste generation by 36%
• By 2025, our ambition is for 100% of our plastic packaging to be refillable, reusable, recyclable or compostable.
COMMITMENT TO RECYCLING
We use post-consumer recycled materials whenever possible, and reuse and recycle in our stores. We encourage our patrons to do the same and recycle their empties through our Recycle & Be Rewarded program.
• Since the launch of our Recycle & Be Rewarded program in 2009, we have recycled over 11 million products. In addition, all our shopping bags are 100% recyclable.
• By 2025, our ambition is to recycle another 11 million products in only 5 years.
We use sustainable materials and renewable energy whenever possible in our store design and construction. Visit us in-store to learn more and read about our new safety procedures to create a safe and comfortable shopping environment for you.
Long story short, we believe our customers, communities, and planet deserve products that are made better. Join us in our mission to contribute to a happier, healthier future and be on the lookout for Kiehl’s Future Made Better icons in-store and online.